The previous year it was the turn to two top Czech tennis women, Petra Kitova and Karoline Pliskova to signal the departure of the No Finish Line. This year it will be two female actresses from the France 3 series Plus Belle La Vie, Rebecca Hampton & Stephanie Pareja will give the official kick off on Saturday, November 10 at 14:00h.
The big surprise this year will be Amara Sy, captain of the basketball Roca Team, who will be the godfather of the 19th Edition of the No Finish Line®
Last year 12,967 professional and amateur sports runners and walkers covered 436,968km transformed into Euros 436,968 benefiting projects favoring children.
For its 19thedition the NFL proposes a new challenge: a jackpot of Euros 444,444 to be gained, that is 444,444km to be covered in 8 days! An expected number of 14,000 participants will start their solidarity journey on Saturday, November 10 at 14:00, until Sunday November 18 at 16:00.
The association Children & Future, in collaboration with the Monegasque authorities, invite you to join them again in the circuit of Fontvieille with a route measuring 1400m meandering around the marquee, the Rosary Princess Grace and the Ligures/Guelfes and Papalins avenues. This attractive track reinforces the motivation of participants who will try to reach the new ambitious goal, with the assistance of 50 volunteers from Children & Future. Participants will also profit from the festive village under the marquee, where they will enjoy all sort of animations while discovering the stands of loyal partners.
The NFL in figures
Since its inception in 1999, over 110,365 occasional walkers or seasoned runners have covered 3,073,741 Km merging their sportive efforts with their generosity by raising 3,234,266 Euros benefiting projects aiding underprivileged or suffering children.
The Roadmap for the NFL 2018
- The sense of the circuit in the quartier of Fontvieille measuring 1400 Km, will be reversed to make it easier for runners (depart under the Chapiteau de Fontvieille towards the Rose Garden.
- Security measures remain the same as last year with a circuit entirely protected with barriers with 3 entrance/exit for control and bag search: Chapiteau, Creche and Roseraie.
- Participation/Registration – 24/24h from November 10-18 on the circuit at the level of the Chapiteau de Fontvieille, €12 for adults and €6 for children under 10 years old; notice that it will be €10 for an individual chip.
- Refueling on the circuit open continuously
At the heart of the event, certain participants will have a double objective, to run for a good cause but also win one of the two competitions of this 19th Edition.
- The 24 hours non-stop – This official challenge inscribed in the calendar of the Athletic French Federation off-stadium races has been scheduled on Saturday, November 17at 9:00ha till Sunday, November 18 at 9:00hs. It is limited to 100 entries.)
- The 9 days/8 nights – The NFL proposes to 45 ultra-runners to race during 9 days and 8 nights from November 10 at 14:00hs till November 18 at 14:00h. In 2017, the male winner had covered 1,026km and the female winner 794km, but the absolute record of the NFL since its creation is of 1,041km in 2012, has not been broken yet!
- Wellness pauses – Osteopaths and podiatrists will be present to assist participants after their sportive efforts.
The No Finish Line still remains a grand charity race, a sportive feast where success is the result of three factors: a simple principle of participation, accessible to all, running or walking on a circuit of 1400 m, open 24h/24h during 8 days, as many times as anyone desires and as many kilometers as they wish; with a noble charitable objective and transparent communication over the funds raised. Thanks to the registrations, donors and sponsors, Children & Future has been giving Euro 1 for each kilometer covered, to support projects in favor of children in need.
REGISTRATION is open so get your sneakers ready and see you on the Fontvieille racetrack from November 10 through 18, 2018!
“The unfortunate need people who will be kind to them; the prosperous need people to be kind to.”Aristotle