Foster relationship with former and current Olympians
Last Friday, January 18, 2019, the Monegasque Association of Olympic Athletes was re-launched with the induction of Jeremy Bottin as new President, in the presence of H.S.H. Prince Albert II and other dignitaries. Under the new President and board members, this organization that was dormant for more than a decade, received a renewed impulse that will help foster the relationship among former and current Olympic athletes, and very importantly with the Monegasque Olympic Committee (MOC), plus create awareness about Olympic values in the Principality and be an inspiration for local athletes to get involved.
Among the dignitaries present were Patrice Cellario, Minister of Interior and Culture, Didier Gamerdinger, Minister of Health and Social Affairs, H.E. Yvette Lambin-Berti, General Secretary of the Monegasque Olympic Committee, Philippe Orengo, President Anti-Doping Monegasque Committee, Joel Bouzou, President of the World Olympians Association, Louis Biancheri, President of the Monaco Omnisports, plus former and current Monegasque Olympians.
Jeremy Bottin is a former Monegasque bobsledder himself, who competed in the two-man competition at the 2006 Winter Olympics in Turin, Italy. Additionally, Jeremy Bottin will continue in his position of Support Mission of the Ant-Doping Monegasque Committee.
Jeremy brings his sportive experience and enthusiasm to this organization, and is joined by six other former and current Olympians:
- H.S.H. Prince Albert II – (Bobsleigh) – Honorary President
- Jeremy Bottin (Bobsleigh) – President
- Angelique Trinquier (Swimming) – Vice President
- Jean Laurent Ravera (Swimming) – Secretary
- Olivier Jenot (Skiing) – Assistant Secretary
- Sebastien Gattuso (Bobsleigh/Athletics) – Treasurer
- Thierry Vatrican (Judo) – Assistant Treasurer
- Kevin Crovetto – (Gymnastics – currently competing) – Advisor
(Photo: HSH Prince Albert II with Jeremy Bottin & the other members of the board of the Monegasque Association of Olympic Athletes @Palais Princier Monaco)
Spreading the Olympic values
The Olympics Games remain the most compelling search for excellence in sports, and this newly resurrected Monegasque association’s objectives are:
- To foster the relationship development among Olympic athletes
- To encourage the national interest for the Olympic games
- To promote and spread the Olympic fundamental principles
- To cooperate with the Monegasque Olympic Committee and move forward the ideals of the Olympic competition in the Principality of Monaco
- To assist promising Monegasque athletes in their development, training and competition in the Olympic sports program
- To maintain camaraderie among former Olympic athletes and members of the Monegasque Olympic Committee, and be associated to all the events organized by the MOC.
“It is the inspiration of the Olympic Games that drives people not only to compete but to improve, and to bring lasting spiritual and moral benefits to the athlete and inspiration to those lucky enough to witness the athletic dedication.”Herb Elliot